Monday, June 30, 2014

[how i spent my weekend]

This weekend was actually quite the busy weekend for me. I worked both days, spent time with my family, bought my bridesmaid dress (my best friend is getting married!!!) and got back on the health train. For me, weekends are usually spent working, so I try to sleep in before I get ready for work, go to work and come home. My version of a weekend is really more when I have my two days off back to back. I work in a hotel though, so that's actually pretty normal. So the fact that I worked 7-3:30 both Saturday and Sunday meant I actually got to enjoy the rest of the days like most people! Here's a recap of what I think was a successful, fun and productive weekend.

Saturday:

WORK. Which looks like this:



Then I sped home (literally) to watch the Colombia vs. Uruguay game, which Colombia WON!!! Seriously super exciting. My favorite part: James Rodriguez's goal where he chested the ball down and kicked it in. BEAUTIFUL. You'll have to excuse the German (I think) but this is the best quality video I could find.



That game was followed by a good workout, warm shower and early bedtime. I have to get up at 5 a.m. for my 7 a.m. shift!

Sunday:

WORK. Which was much more calm so I actually left a bit early. Then I went dress and shoe shopping! I already knew which dress I was buying so it was just a matter of trying it on to figure out my size and then buying the shoes to go with it. I won't show you my dress but I will show you the bride-to-be! 



I even made it home in time to catch a bit of sun and get some reading done! I fixed up a quick salad, grabbed by newest book (by a fellow Sigma Kappa) and laid down outside. 

Salad: spinach, carrots, cherry tomatoes, ham, feta cheese, hummus and a tiny bit of caesar vinaigrette. 



Book: Carry On, Warrior by Glennon Doyle Melton. She spoke at the convention I went to about a week ago and I loved her! So far the book is just as good.



My view:




It actually stormed a bit Sunday evening, so I gave in and sat in bed watching tv, pinning things and just browsing the interwebs. I hope you all had fun weekends! Have a great week!



 photo sig_zpsd9be5540.png

"life without touching other people is boring as hell."
- glennon doyle melton

No comments:

Post a Comment