Monday, June 2, 2014

[kacey musgraves]

Happy Monday all! I normally don't really have exciting weekends with fun stories to share, but this weekend I actually went to a concert. A group of four friends and I drove up to West Palm Beach to the Cruzan Amphitheatre to see Zac Brown Band with Kacey Musgraves. It was so much fun! I am a huge Kacey Musgraves fan and actually got to meet her, which totally made my day. She signed my boot and we talked about (and she complimented!!!) my tattoo and headband. (Yes, we had a moment. It was glorious.)

Zac Brown started with Devil Went Down to Georgia, which happens to be my dad's favorite song (and the first song I ever knew all the words to), so from then on I knew it was going to be an awesome concert. Their set was great - they threw in some covers with their original music and covered Metallica and AC/DC for the encore, which was incredibly badass (excuse my language, there really isn't another way to put it).

All in all it was a great day starting with a mini road trip with friends, an afternoon spent tailgating and an evening listening to great live music. Pretty much the recipe for a good time in my book!

Because it's best to make a collage rather than post 3 pictures! 

Kind of a cool shot my friend took. It's from my iPhone though, sorry about the quality!

Kacey and I! (disclaimer, this photo was downloaded from her site here.)

My signed boot!



Have a great week!
 photo sig_zpsd9be5540.png
"gonna lift to the great wide open, wanna set my spirit free. won't stop tip I reach the ocean, gonna break these chains holdin' me."
- zac brown band

No comments:

Post a Comment