Friday, June 27, 2014

[the violet bubble]

So I've been gone for a bit. I've been busy, to say the least. Anyone who knows me knows I tend to get engulfed with what I'm involved in. When I'm really focused on working out, I kill it. When I'm crazy focused on something at work, it consumes me. So the past few weeks I have been trying to work my full time job, plan, pack and prepare for Sigma Kappa National Convention and prepare for my sisters and mom to come visit. I decided I'd prefer NOT to post rather than post something my heart / head wasn't fully supporting. So now I'm going to recap the amazing time I had at convention.


 My view from the plane. I've never been so in awe of a desert and sparsity before.



Being welcomed as soon as we got to the airport.


And of course we ran into a friend at the airport, so... group selfie!


Night one: Welcome reception and convention orientation!


Voting on amendments to the constitution as an Advisory Board Delegate! 


Night two: Ultraviolet Gala! It was a dinner celebrating the National Panhellenic Conference, Sigma Kappa and Philanthropy. (aka yummy food, dresses, and women raising money to fight disease.)


Night three: Confirmed Conventionite dinner. The theme was Diva Las Vegas and we came as boxers. #TKO. Get it? (The Dove Love thing is an SK thing).



Other than that my days were full of meetings, discussions, and educational sessions. I had to play catch up since i'm now the chapter's Advisory Board Chairman (which i'm super excited about and is kind of a big deal!!!) and need to know much more of what's going on. I learned a ton and spent some quality time with my girls. Even though I had to leave early, it was a great trip and I can't wait to go again in 2016!



Oh. And let's not forget the #selfie I had to take!


Have a great weekend all!

 photo sig_zpsd9be5540.png

"one heart one way."
-sigma k.

No comments:

Post a Comment