Monday, July 21, 2014

[heels in the real world]

I love shoes. I love shoe shopping. One of the perks of growing up and getting a 'real job,' I thought, would be wearing awesome clothes and beautiful shoes. Of course, that dream was shattered when I realized how uncomfortable walking about a mile every day in high heels really can be. So suddenly, shoe shopping became difficult. You try finding comfortable shoes with more than a kitten heel that actually look decently cute! Not the easiest task. So, while I'd rather buy those gorgeous stilettos I saw at the store, I'm really wearing 'comfort' heels. Here are some suggestions on comfortable, work appropriate, and pretty heels that'll pull you through.


I own these and they're pretty comfortable and walkable! And they also come in nude, navy and red!


 I own these too! They are super comfortable (Life Stride is a comfort brand) and also come in black.


A coworker of mine has these and finds these very comfortable. They're a bit out of my price range and run a bit narrow for my foot, but still worth a try!


Another coworker of mine has these. She really likes them and they also come in black! 


There's something incredibly powerful about wearing heels versus flats in the workplace, so I try not to sacrifice that for more comfort. But i'm also reasonable in knowing that I walk about a mile in my heels daily and my feet are not made of the gel material in insoles. So, I have to try a bit harder to find the right shoes.

Hope these helped!



Have a wonderful week!
 photo sig_zpsd9be5540.png

"I did everything he did, but backwards and in high heels."
- ginger rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment