Wednesday, January 22, 2014

[meal prep & food organization]

I think one of the most important things about being healthy and staying in shape is what we eat. Obviously there has to be a balance of diet and exercise, but you can't out-workout a poor diet. So today I'm going to show you the step before meal prep: food organization.

Unless you live on your own and have only the foods you eat in your refrigerator, then your fridge likely has some food that you don't even need to touch or think about (like mine). To make it easier for me, I've organized my refrigerator so cooking will be easy and convenient and to keep the bad-for-me things out of sight.

This is what my fridge looked like before I organized.

 

This is what it looks like now. If you notice, beforehand I couldn't really tell what vegetables I had in the drawers and things were very messy. Now I know exactly what I have just by taking a quick glance!

 

           


These are most of the things I threw away. (Thousand Island dressing?!? Parkay?!? Bean dip?!?! I don't know who bought those but they are horrible for you!)



These are things I kept (but only for the sake of those I live with.) I've discovered I need to limit my cheese-eating; it really messes with my digestion.



Now the next step is going to be going shopping for what's missing and then beginning meal prep!






"If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail."
- benjamin franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment