Saturday, January 11, 2014

[skincare]


If there's something I'm very particular about, it's my skin and skin care. My face tells you everything you need to know about me. If I'm stressed: acne. If I'm not sleeping: bags. If I binged a few days ago or ate chocolate: more acne. To counteract that and to keep even-toned skin, I have a pretty strict, but very simple, skin care routine. 







Morning: morning time is shower time, which is when most of the work is done. I rinse and cleanse my face with Neutrogena Naturals fresh cleansing + makeup remover face wash. I use it to wash my face and take my eye makeup off too. I rinse that off before putting shampoo in, and get ready for step two!






While the shampoo is in my hair, I use St. Ives Blemish & Blackhead Control Apricot Scrub. This is my FAVORITE. SCRUB. EVER. Of all the drugstore brands i've tried, it has the most beads and feels the most effective. I leave that on until rinsing my shampoo out and get ready for step three. 

After I put conditioner in my hair, I use the St. Ives Timeless Skin Apricot Scrub. I actually bought it on accident, but after using an entire bottle, I saw and felt the difference in my face. My forehead and neck are both tighter and my skin feels so much more firm!!!


I finish by moisturizing my face with Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer. I've been using it for years and never once have I even wanted to try a new one. It moisturizes my skin but keeps it fresh all day!

The last part of my daily skin care is right before bedtime. Right after I get in my pj's, I wipe my face with some kind of makeup removing towelette. I've been trying different ones for a while but can't seem to find one I can't part with. My most recent (which I'm actually replacing today) is the Yes to Cucumbers Soothing Facial Towelettes. They clean pretty well for towelettes and leave my skin feeling clean instead of oily. 

In all reality, I should probably do more of a deep clean at night, but it's hard enough to even remember to remove my makeup at all. 




"let us all meet each other with a smile, for the smile is the beginning of love."
- mother theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment